Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The North Face 50 Mile Endurance Challenge

Last weekend Brett, Tom, and I travelled to San Francisco for the North Face 50 Mile Endurance Challenge. Brett and I participated in the 50 Mile run and Tom rocked the 50K. Here are a few photos walking through the adventure.

After arriving in SF - we picked up our race packets and numbers and went back to the hotel to prep for the run and make sure that we had everything we needed. Here are just a few items that I ran with: Headlamp, belt with bottles, fuel, hat, gloves...

After catching a 3:30am cab from SF, Brett and I are preparing the morning of race day and are probably about 10 minutes from the start at the time of this photo

Ready, Set, Go...the start was a ton of fun. With a 5 AM start - everyone was required to have a headlamp on them. We got out at a reasonable pace and had some great views looking back down the first hills and seeing a snake of headlamps heading up the hills behind us.

Here is a snapshot of the sunrise


Now we skip to post race and the three amigos taking in the sunshine and planning our next adventures.

No comments: